I develop a server for my SplitBills app. With this server, it will be possible that users can sync their expenses with friends online. The server is written in Python with the Flask web framework. It consists of an REST api.
On this project, I learned a lot about web development:
- How RESTful services work and how to implement one with the Flask framework.
- Unit and functional testing with pytest
- Continuous integration with GitHub.
- Continuous deployment with GitHub.
- Docker for managing the deployment of the server.
Part of the code can be found here. At the moment I restructure the project a lot, and not all code is in the repository. The server is not ready yet.